If the resolution 2334 and other similar resolutions are not included in a national unified field and political struggling program, it will not move a single stone in the Israeli settlements
The resolution 2334, adopted by the UN Security Council in condemning the Israeli settlement, and calling for halting it, constitutes - in spite of any notes could be recorded on some paragraphs and phrases - a political, diplomatic and legal victory for the Palestinian people and its struggles, sacrifices, cause and its national rights.
It constitutes a new attainment that can be added to the gains of the Palestinian struggle. Maybe this move by the official leadership - to submit the draft resolution to the Security Council, on the road to the internationalization of the Palestinian issue and national rights – could be described as slow, but has been achieved, opens the horizons for additional steps that should be done as soon as possible. Especially that the resolution forms a political cover for the Palestinian issue and national rights from different points.
• It pointed to the resolution 242 and the principle of the inadmissibility of the requisition of other's land by force. This means the right of the Palestinian people to resist in defense of its occupied land.
• It reaffirmed that the Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip, are occupied lands since 1967, which drops the claim of the Oslo Accords that they were disputed lands . As anyone who is under occupation, has the right, according to the international law, in the resistance in defense of its freedom and national dignity and to liberate its land.
• It pointed to a series of previous resolutions , issued by the Security Council regarding the settlements and the Judaization of Jerusalem and throughout the Palestinian West Bank, which means the recognition (albeit indirectly) of Jerusalem as the capital of the Palestinian independent state with full sovereignty, and with 4 June 67 borders .
• It recalled the consultant decision of the Court of the Hague on the separation wall, and the endorsement of the United Nations General Assembly on it , which opens the horizons to the Palestinian people's right to resist with all forms to defend its occupied lands .
• It also recalled the resolution of the recognition of the Palestinian state at the United Nations as an observer member (19/67), including the right of return for refugees, which provides a weapon, for the Palestinian struggle against the US «two states» project, which is based on the partition of the Palestinian people, and the separation of 48 from 67 and the dropping of the right of return for the benefit of the alternative solutions.
However, it must be said that the resolution, in spite of its importance, will not stop the settlement. Perhaps Netanyahu and his partners in the Israeli government statements, clearly disclosed about the intention to raise the level of settlement within the framework of previously laid plans that were presented as if they fall within the framework of Israel's already respond to the UN resolution.
We can stop the settlement, by the field struggle, firstly, and by continuing the political, diplomatic and legal struggle, secondly.
The policy and diplomacy alone do not constitute a solution to the Palestinian national cause. Even the international blockade which was imposed on the apartheid regime in South Africa was not enough to resolve, without the struggle of the natives, in alliance with the democratic movements in the country.
So the question is: how to take advantage of the resolution, especially after we finished the stage of the «celebration» of it, and considered it as a victory in the Palestinian political arena.
We believe that the key to answer this question is by working hard to end the division and to restore the internal unity so as to unify the Palestinian national struggle, at the street and in the institutions in one strategy, that introduces the Palestinian people, in all its presence areas - under the banner of the coalition of PLO and its national unified program – to the public opinion.
Perhaps the second step is to return to the commitment of the National Reconciliation document (2006) and the decisions of the Central Council (March, 2015) that formed the titles, the mechanisms and the objectives of the national struggle clearly, which were signed by all factions within the PLO and abroad.
According to all of this, along with the field struggle through the resistance and the uprising, the movement continuation imposes a series of steps should be done, for example:
• Continuing the struggle with the (BDS) movement, in the west, and in the rest of the world, especially after the resolution 2334, and before it , many other resolutions, which dropped the legitimacy of the settlements, which supports the opinion that says that what are produced by the settlements, and dealing with them, is a violation of the international laws, and that the pressure is boycotting at the international level.
• Continuing the diplomatic attack by heading to the International Criminal Court which is concerned to take punitive actions against those who are in charge of the settlement, as a war crime, and against all those who committed war crimes against the Palestinian people from the Israeli political and military officials .
• Benefitting from the international sympathy, and submitting a request to the UN Security Council for full membership of the State of Palestine on the basis of resolution 19/67, which drops the file of the «two-state solution» and the rest of the failed solutions , including Jerusalem «as the capital of two states» .
• Calling for an international conference to resolve the Palestinian issue, under the sponsorship of the Security Council and its relevant resolutions, that ensure to the Palestinian people its inalienable legitimate national rights, in return, self-determination, independence and sovereignty, and they are also confirmed annually by the Private International Committee for the national rights of the Palestinian people, and which are ratified by the General Assembly of the United Nations, and which sets aside the Oslo Accords and their humiliating obligations, and the roadmap plan, and the «two-state solution» and all other projects .
In brief, the resolution 2334 is an important step that can be built upon, in a framework of a struggling national program that restores the Palestinian National coalition Program, which was approved by the institutions.
We can say that the resolution 2334 is not the first of its kind, it has been preceded by many resolutions that were probably more coherent than it, but they remained without being built upon nationally, what turned them into mere documents in the cabinets of the international institutions.
So, which options will be adopted by the official Palestinian leadership: the national program option and all its new measures, or sticking to the negotiating option, as an alternative solution, and betting on the Paris Conference, which converts the resolution 2334 to a mere document, that would not be mighty to move a single stone from the racial separation wall, which besieges Jerusalem.